Interesting article on blogs as a successful media campaign.
It’s my job to know how blogs can tap into desirable audiences from an advertising perspective. I can give you some anecdotal evidence that blogs get the job done, but please know that clients are usually very skittish about talking about their online advertising publicly. (So what I’m about to say here needs to be somewhat vague.) Suffice it to say:
· I have a client that was willing to test a blog this quarter.
· We did.
· Said blog kicked ass and was one of the best performers on the campaign.
· It performed very well despite the fact that mainstream sites cover the same category, have larger audiences and have offline components (like print magazines).
· If I had to attribute its success to something, it would likely be the dedication of the audience to said blog and the audience’s trust in the blog’s coverage.
· Our next media plan for this client will include more blogs. This is driven by the success of the blog we tested, plus the desire to tap into audiences that haven’t seen the client’s message before.
· We will likely renew our deal with the first blog, and possibly increase our commitment to them from a monetary perspective.